Just the right balance of performance and durability.
Michelin ® AIR TM tires are designed to provide:
- A very long tire life and lower maintenance costs due to fewer tire changes
- Exceptional balance for smooth taxiing,even wear, and heat resistance
- Our maximum protection against sidewall cracking caused by ozone and UV light
- Excellent lateral stability and impact absorption, even under rough landing conditions
It takes just the right balance of materials to make a great tire. And in the Michelin ® AIR TM tire those materials work together very effectively to help provide you with dependable performance throughout a long tire life.
Deep Tread Depth
- Thick rubber in the tread area helps provide for a long tire life.
- Contributes to lower maintenance costs due to fewer tire changes.
Customized Rubber Compounds
- Sidewall is optimized for both ozone and ultraviolet light protection which helps reduce ozone cracking in key areas of the tire.
- Provides our maximum amount of exterior wear and crack resistance for a long tire life.
Unique Bead Construction
- Provides a firm (tight) fit to help reduce movement between the tire and wheel.
- Helps improve lateral stability for a long tire life, even under rough landing conditions.
Contoured Shoulder Design
- Helps absorb lateral impacts associated with landing.
- Designed to help the tire achieve a full life, even under adverse conditions.
Optimized Casing Design
- Proprietary Michelin production processes help balance stresses within the tire structure. Strong, yet lightweight nylon cords are designed to exceed strict industry standards for overpressure strength.
- Results in an effi cient, lightweight product with excellent balance properties for smooth taxiing, even wear, and resistance to heat buildup for a long tire life.