There are some real advantages to having these under your wings.
Compared to bias tires, Michelin ® AIR X ® radials offer:
- Measurable Fuel Savings
- More Landings Per Tread
- Improved Cut Resistance
Light Weight Radial Design
- Michelin AIR X radials typically weigh 20–30% less than comparable bias tires, and they operate at cooler temperatures.
- Helps provide measurable fuel savings, more landings per tread, longer wear characteristics and a more stable contact patch than bias tires, as well as shorter turnaround times and reduced carcass fatigue.
Extra Strong Carcass
- Michelin’s carcass design helps restrict tire growth and the stretching of rubber.
- Results in better cut resistance than bias tires.
- Durable cut-resistant tread includes deep skid depth and specially-designed circumferential grooves.
- Helps provide for an extended tire life, less heat build up and lower maintenance costs due to fewer tire changes.
Customized Rubber Compounds
- Sidewall is optimized for both ozone and ultraviolet light protection which helps reduce ozone cracking in key areas of the tire.
- Provides our maximum amount of exterior wear and crack resistance for a long tire life.
- The Michelin ® AIR X ® casing is more fl exible than casings used in bias tires.
- Results in noticeably smooth operating characteristics during taxiing, landing and takeoffs.