A few inches² helping the world to fly
A few inches²
The only contact an aircraft has with the ground.
When taking off and landing, or guiding the aircraft while taxiing.
A few inches² of first-class, high-performance Michelin aircraft tires.
From ground to skies. For complete peace of mind.
A few inches² of premium, high-tech Michelin tires that:
- Land up to 30,000 times a day
- Carry more than 10 million people every day
- Carry up to 35 tons (300 times their actual mass)
- Resist temperatures from -55°C to +250°C (-67°F to +482°F) when landing
- Land at speeds of up to 420 kph (260 mph)
- Contain more than 200 premium raw materials
- Taxi 15,000km on ground, per tire
- Are tested up to 4x the recommended air pressure to ensure on-board safety
Without these few inches², nothing is possible.
Michelin aircraft tires. The few inches² that change everything.
Download the Care & Service Manual
Download the Michelin aircraft Brochure